Rule not my mind. Thine own is thine mind. Rule thou it.




Saturday, March 5, 2011

Conformity & Judgment.

"It is important to note the difference between not having money and participating in the cultural norms that some poor people follow."
-Just Part Of The Universe Blogger


This is true, though. Since I study in a state University, I do conform to what people wear sometimes.
Its not always because I don't have the cash to buy flashy clothes, I do have some flashy clothes.
But due to a sense of conformity, I wear even the trashy clothes I wear at home in attending school just to fit in.


And I believe a great number of people aside from myself do the same. That's always a good reason to consider why people should not be judged by the clothes they wear. Especially if its labeling. But, partly though, its also our fault why people misjudge us sometimes.


I don't know.
lazy arguments.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you in saying that clothes doesn't define a person,.,but then everyone is free to wear any kind of clothes in a state university whether a branded one or not,,to argue that its for the sake of fitting in into a group or what they call "nakikibagay" is not acceptable sometimes,,,because it weighs more on how you connect or build a relationship to people who only have 20 or 50 pesos on their pocket or only wears cheap clothes,.,the fact that if you made to enter their world without removing your gold made shoes is very great achievement,., it only manifest that being poor or rich should not be a factor to live free in this world but sadly this is not what happening right know!.

    to anna i appreciate the blog,! i should tell this to jacob!!!hahahaha,,.

    ReplyDelete