Rule not my mind. Thine own is thine mind. Rule thou it.




Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Human Nature: The things not hopeless, but you just can't.

I have been very much bothered. Disturbed by the imperfection of our human nature. This ain't ranting. Far from it. In fact, more like a narration, an informative declaration. You'll see.


I first met crime and Punishment, but punishment left and made me examine crime: eyes to eyes; mind to mind, as we dug in deep channels for its root. There in congregation, I heard about this false materialism and his vast influence on mankind. I examined how to avert him and mark end upon his influence on my people but I found myself and the world we live in to be unreal. This is indeed a philosophical embarrassment according to my friend Reginald Allen who's friend spoke to him about this in a name I shall not say but causes boiled on refutation upon Parmenides. Much to my humble heart, I did not feel embarrassment for I claim of no importance yet, but only, that of pity and astonishment on why I exist, and all others, with our potentiality.


All suddenly, I become to think we are stuck in prison cell. But I'm the only one who have thought of it, so its reasonable that its only I who's a prisoner.
Only death then, will be my bail on this account...





Crime & Punishment in brief  - Punishment is the answer for justice. The retribution for crime. But why do my people commit crime anyway? Is it due to poverty? Most people believe it is! Because impoverish families have no other way inorder to survive, they had no choice but to cling onto the blade of rusty and dirty world of criminals- in order to survive. Society then, together with poverty, pushes them to crime.


But 'nay. Even well-off, rich, wealthy, affluent families commit crime and injustice. Only- they have the money to slap in the faces of the courts and litigators to renounce their innocence. That's why prison rows has very few person from well-off families. The thing is, its not poverty which is the cause of crime and injustice. To put it this way, 
X came from a poor family and steals for a living.
Y came from a rich family and steals from his parents in order to gas up his newly bought car, so that he and his girlfriend Z can go out for movies tonight.
It is obvious now, that though very different situations, they both committed a wrong thing.


Why did they do it then?
False consciousness, false materialism, ignorance... You choose. But either way, its what I meant.
There is something wrong in society which makes man do wrong. There is something in man, who forms and runs the society. No matter how many revolution and reforms, things are still going to be imperfect. My friends, many of whom wants to be a reformer, if not liberators. But I say, as long as were in this world, I'm not saying its hopeless, only, that it is absurd. Its not only the government nor the secret organizations whom we should point fingers to, not only to other people, not only to ourselves! But the way human nature is. Things actually happen, if not always, for its not proven by science, well most of the time, due to necessity. And how do you propose to avert it? Its a huge game. Life is too short to conquer it. As you are young, you explore for you know little about the world; you study it then. As you are old, you finally have sufficient experience and knowledge, you see it and wishes to conquer it. Then you actually have the idea now on how to do it, to end it, but the problem now is, that you're too old and is about to perish.
Why this is- the nature of things!


Now, my metanoia said to me in thought, that a man is not in prison as long as he does not detest his situation. But a man who is in prison, is he even though free, still, detest where he is.


I have discussed in my 1st entry (my extremist viewpoint) that I'm angry at the world. And I obscured my thoughts once more that when a sociology major rebutted that I'm not angry- just indifferent.
Now I'm stating again, I'm free in the sense that I'm not in a cell but I can go anywhere in Manila when I please. But I'm a prisoner in a way that I want to make a change and avert the imperfection but can't.
Only death then, will be my bail on this account.

3 comments:

  1. "
    All suddenly, I become to think we are stuck in prison cell. But I'm the only one who have thought of it, so its reasonable that its only I who's a prisoner.
    Only death then, will be my bail on this account..."

    -Oo, lahat tayo ay bilango, hindi dahil tayo ay gumawa ng kasalanan o nilabag ntin ang batas. kundi tayo ay bilango sa sistema ng lipunan na kung saan tayo ay walang kalayaan na gawin ang ano man ang gusto ntin sapagkat lahat ng bagay na maari nting gawin ay nakabase parati sa social norms. kapag gumawa tayo ng labag sa norms or sa ekspektasyon ng iba ay tatawagin tayong deviant o isang banta. saking palgay ay mababaw itong argumento na ito. :)

    sadyang may mga bagay na mahirap lutasin ng agham panlipunan. sadyang mahirap baguhin ang kasalukuyang sistema sapagkat hindi maaaring magkapantay pantay ang lahat dahil mayroon paring salitang "kompetisyon" na namamayagpag sa pagiisip ng bawat isa.. (ang layo nito a?)




    lahat nman inperfect. lahat nman may dipekto.. maging ang mga cnusulong ng mga reformer na tinutukoy mo.. dahil kapag dumating ang araw na mababago nla ang Pilipinas, 2lad ng Russia maguguho dn ang lahat ng iyon dahil sa mga imperfections na taglau nito..

    kya nman ang tanging punto ko, bagamat may imperfections ang lahat ng bgay dpat parin tayong kumilos o maorganisa sa kung papaano gagamitin ng wasto ang mga bagay bagay na ito.. kahit may imperfections, dapat tayong matutong mabuhay ksama nito..

    pagpatuloy mo ang makabuluhang pagsusulat at kritikal na pagiisip.

    -Tagasosyo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoy taga sosyo! :)) Ano?

    "saking palgay ay mababaw itong argumento na ito. :) "

    Grabe ka ah :)) Hahahahaha. Nachallenge tuloy ako. Orayt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hindi.. i mean, ung argumento ko... hnd un sayo.. hehe wala akong rights para husgahan ang ginawa mo.. ang tangi ko lang gawin ay basahin yan at kakuhaan ng kaalaman..

    inuulit ko. ung commento ko ung ibig kong sabhin dyan.. :) kaw nman o? bati tayo e :) :D alrayt? ung arugmento ko ung ibig kong sabhin na mababaw :)


    tama ung false consciousness and false materialism and ignorance.. so be conscious all the time.. ignorance is boring :)


    -tagasosyo :)

    ReplyDelete